Strategies in accomplishing the mission:
The core function of CEDAR is to play a key role in the
- Preparation of the teacher (facilitator) and thereby preparing the learner
Preparation of teacher:
- Organizes regular Faculty development programs to equip them with sound pedagogy.
- Enables the teachers to adopt best teaching practices and bring out the best in themselves as teachers.
- Encourages the teachers to regularly define and monitor the learning outcomes of the educational programs.
- Motivates the faculty to update and improvise the assessment system, by regular evaluation and review mechanisms.
- Develops feedback techniques for trainers and trainees.
- Shares current issues in medical education
- Encourages research in medical education
- Encourages publications in the area of medical and health sciences education.
- Imparts motivation and builds team spirit.
- Enhances the overall professional development.
- Encourages periodic review of the curriculum and facilitate the process.
Preparation of Learner
- Works in close cooperation with the institutional committees to help and develop, the curriculum based on the needs analyses and feedback of the student.
- Optimizes student learning and achievement of educational outcomes.
- Promotes professionalism by conduction of learning modules and demonstration by role play.
- Institutes reliable and valid assessment strategies for testing achievement of competency.
Preparation of the milieu:
CEDAR will work closely with other important committees to:
- Ensure adequate faculty
- Optimize infrastructure in terms of space and equipments
- Start courses in medical education
- Provide dynamic support in curriculum development,
- Assist evaluation of programs and review mechanisms.
- Institute quality assurance systems in collaboration with the IRO.