- An aggregate of 70 % in the grade 12 science stream/ Advanced stream of UAE GSEC of Ministry of Education. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics or EMSAT score whichever is higher.
- Abu Dhabi Education Council stream students should similarly have 70% aggregate. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Advanced Biology(level 3) and Advanced Chemistry( level 3) or EMSAT score whichever is higher.
Applicants from any other foreign educational curriculum not listed above must have secured a minimum aggregate equivalent to UAE curriculum 70 % as per International Conversion Table of World Education Standards.
- An aggregate score of 70% is required. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics. If Biology is not taken in 12th Grade, a SAT II score of 550 in Biology is required.
- For MBBS: Higher Secondary School Certificate with aggregate of 55% can apply. Preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics (Part 1 and Part 2 total).
- All India Senior School Certificate XII std CBSE/ISCE exams with 55% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses.
Indian State board: 60% aggregate can apply. However, preference in admission will be given to those with high scores in Biology and Chemistry/Physics courses
Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper-based test, 61 in internet based test or 173 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 5 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score ofminimum 1100.
- For BSN as seats have been full with students obtaining 70% and above, Conditional Admission was applied ONLY for those not meeting English Language requirements. That is those with TOEFL between 450 but less than 500, EmSAT 950 but less than 1100 or between 4.5 and 5 in IELTS.
UAE Nationals: Separate permission has been taken from CAA for UAE Nationals for one semester who were below English language requirement meeting provisional norms.
Minimum eligibility for RN-BSN Bridge program:
As Registered Nurses employed in UAE hold Associate Degree/ Diploma in nursing from accredited nursing colleges, in order to join the RN-BSN Bridge program, the following admission requirements should be fulfilled:
The Registered Nurse should have completed the Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing of 3 year duration from an accredited school of nursing with at least 65%-70% aggregate (by adding 1% of credit for every one year of experience up to a maximum of 5% credit).
Conditional Admission for two categories: those between 65% -70% & also 4.5 to 5 IELTS & 950-1100 EmSAT & TOEFL 450-500.
The following documents are to be submitted to fulfill admission requirements:
- RN licensure from the country of origin.
- Should produce grade 12/high school completed and attested mark sheet and 2 to 6 years of clinical working experience in hospital/community center after completion of Associate Degrees / Diploma in Nursing depending on aggregate marks secured
- Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 500 in paper-based test, 61 in internet based test or 173 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 5 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of minimum 1100.
- Should have obtained Equivalency Certificate from Ministry of Education (MOE) for the 3 year Diploma in Nursing/Associate Degree.
- Should have completed the following prerequisites courses in the Associate Degree/ Diploma in Nursing.
- General Education Courses: English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics.
- Humanities and Social Science Courses: Introduction to Psychology; Microbiology; Pathology; Anatomy and Physiology – 1 & 2; Biochemistry; Human Nutrition; Sociology.
- Nursing Courses: Fundamentals of Nursing, Pharmacology in Nursing, Medical – Surgical Nursing – 1 & 2, Community Health Nursing – 1, Pediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Gynecological and Maternity Nursing
Adult Health & Gerontology Nursing, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing specialty & Master of Science in Midwifery
- Admissions are open to students of all nationalities. Admission of international students will also depend on UAE immigration regulations regarding student visa. Admission to all programs based on merit.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree with minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 2.5 on a 0 scale or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 550 in paper-based test, 79 in internet based test or 213 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 6 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1400 - 1525 OR equivalent tests prescribed by Ministry is required.
- One year of clinical experience in the area of Specialty for BSN applicants. They are as follows:
- Either adult or community health related experience is necessary for the adult health & gerontology nursing specialization.
- Either adult or community health related experience is necessary for the community health nursing specialization.
- Either pediatric or community health related experience with evidence that this has included pediatrics is necessary for the pediatric nursing specialization.
- Midwifery experience is necessary for the Master of Science in Midwifery.
- Psychiatric Mental Health experiences is necessary for the Psychiatric Mental Health specialization. Or 2-years post-diploma for the RN-BSN-qualified applicants
- RN-Licensure from country of origin.
- Prior to admission, the eligible applicants for the Master Program are to attend an Interview with Dean and faculty.
- Exemption from English Test for those who studied undergraduate in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand
- May conditionally admit students to a QFEmirates level 9 graduate program with a recognized Bachelor’s degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent. Such a student must take a maximum of nine credit hours of courses studied for the graduate program during the period of conditional admission and must achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in these nine credits of courses studied for the graduate program or be subject to dismissal.
- May admit students to a QFEmirates level 9 graduate program with a recognized Bachelor’s degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or its established equivalent to a maximum of nine graduate-level credit hours as remedial preparation for the graduate program. These remedial courses are not for credit within the degree program. The student must achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, in these nine credits of remedial courses in order to progress to the graduate program or be subject to dismissal.
Conversion Program leading to BSN:
Pathway from enrolment in Conversion program, leading to admission into BSN program at RAKMHSU. Based on the agreement signed by Ministry of Health & Prevention (MOHAP) and RAKMHSU, UAE Nationals who have completed Arts stream of UAE curriculum/12th grade with 75% or above aggregate can apply to Ministry of Health & Prevention (MOHAP) for sponsorship to join Conversion Program within the dates mentioned by them. MOHAP will provide the final list of the students selected for sponsorship to RAKMHSU.
All other nationalities from Arts stream who wish to join the Conversion Program have to remit AED 13,000 after fulfilling admissions requirement.
The duration of the Conversion Program is 16 weeks. Upon passing the Conversion Program with a GPA of 2, and upon meeting the English Language requirements (IELTS with a score of 5 or TOEFL paper based test with a score of 500), EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1100 – 1225, students will be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program.
Note: UAE Nationals from Advanced/Science stream who fulfill all the requirements for the BSN program at RAK MHSU may directly approach MOH for sponsorship.