Bachelor of Pharmacy
Bachelor of Pharmacy Program (B.Pharm.) is aligned at level seven of the ten level Qualification Framework Emirates comprises of 4 ½ years’ duration with four years of course work and 6 months of practice school
Goals & Objectives
The curriculum has been developed to provide learning opportunities enabling the students to acquire fundamental knowledge, develop basic skills and competence, relevant to health care in the context of patients and community.
The 4 ½ year curriculum has been designed to achieve the following goals :
- Provide a comprehensive pharmaceutical education leading to B.Pharm Degree.
- Prepare for an evidence based pharmacy practice in the changing health care environment of the 21st Century.
- Integrate the basic sciences with pharmaceutical sciences to enable the students to apply their knowledge to health care.
- Impart pharmaceutical knowledge with skills to enable the students to deliver efficient pharmaceutical care.
- Develop a professional and compassionate approach in the implementation and management of health care.
- Provide a practice and community based pharmacy education program.
- Prepare pharmacists who can function effectively in the multidisciplinary health care system.
Program learning outcomes
Develop the required knowledge of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Administrative and Practice related components to formulate evidence-based care plans to offer enhanced patient care.
Illustrate the scientific basis of health, disease, and treatment of common medical conditions in the society, accommodating the local cultural values, beliefs and practice.
Integrate the pathological, genomics and molecular basis of disease modalities to diagnose common conditions and recommend to prescribe the most effective and safest treatment for the patient.
Apply the various concepts and components of foundational, pharmaceutical, and clinical sciences in different practice settings such as community, hospital and industry.
Describe the synthesis, extraction, formulation, analysis, therapeutic efficacy and safety of pharmaceutical agents, including cosmetics and herbal medicines to promote health, wellness and preventive care.
Abide by the local, national, and relevant international regulations, guidelines, moral and ethical codes governing pharmacy practice.
Apply the knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences for optimal utilization of drugs by solving therapeutic problems of patients in an ethical and professional manner.
Communicate effectively using appropriate language skills and processes with patients, their caregivers, and healthcare providers.
Demonstrate emotional self-awareness and empathy to address patient’s problems considering individualized care plans and assessments.
Educate patients to empower and motivate them to adopt health-promoting behaviors
Implement appropriate research tools, strategies, scientific evidence, and new information associated with the practice of pharmacy in different practice settings
Interpret various scientific literature, pharmaceutical calculations, and pharmaceutical care services in an ethical and professional manner.
Utilize information technology, artificial intelligence, human and physical resources to solve complex and unpredictable problems to provide patient-centered pharmaceutical care services, and optimize the medication use systems
Design different pharmaceuticals, including herbals and cosmetics considering latest standards and technology.
Autonomy & Responsibility
Manage complex, unpredictable, unfamiliar and varying work procedures, adversities and problems in the workplace.
Work effectively as an individual in a team and perform professional collaborative activities by displaying effective self-management and leadership abilities
Role in context
Function with full autonomy in a technical and supervisory context with high self-confidence during professional practice and while working with others
Take responsibility for professional development and mentoring of self, individuals and groups with a commitment to excellence.
Exhibit innovative and entrepreneurial thinking in developing professional and career-related goals and objectives.
Manage learning tasks independently and professionally in complex and unfamiliar learning contexts and working environments
Master of Science in
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy
Master of Science in the specialization of Clinical Pharmacy comprises of a two year program with one year of course work, including hospital training, and the second year for dissertation work.
Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Master of Science (MS) in the specialization of Pharmaceutical Chemistry comprises of a two year program with one year of course work, including laboratory training and second year for dissertation work.
Master of Science in Pharmaceutics
Master of Science (MS) in the specialization of Pharmaceutics comprises of a two year program with one year of course work, including industrial training and the second year for dissertation work.
MS Program Highlights:
- Two years (Four semesters) program with one year (Two semesters) each, of course work and dissertation (research).
- Accredited by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education (MOE), UAE.
- Recognized nationally, regionally and internationally
- Curriculum benchmarked to international standards
- Internationally experienced and trained faculty
- Innovative teaching, learning and assessment methodologies
- Advanced skills and research exposure
- Multicultural and multinational academic environment
- International student exchange program
- Industrial and hospital collaborations
- Lectures by visiting faculty from Hospital and industry
- Cater to the needs of the society
- In-house clinical pharmacy training site at hospital
- Experienced clinicians as preceptors
- Hospital / community-based research opportunities
- Basic training in drug design and development
- Pharmaceutical analysis and natural product research opportunity
- Skill enhancement to work in the challenging pharmaceutical fields
- Industrial collaboration in training and research
- Dissertation projects relevant to industry and collaborative research
- Skill based program