University General Admission Requirements
RAK-MHSU admission policy is based on student academic achievement in the undergraduate program, regardless of gender, race, color, religion, age or national origin.
All documents presented by the applicant for admission purposes shall become the property of RAK-MHSU and will not be returned, other than any original documents. If, for any reason, documents presented by the applicant are deemed fraudulent, RAK-MHSU reserves the right to expel the student without refund, or prior notice at any time during the study period.
Academic and Practice Requirements
Admissions to master programs of RAK-MHSU shall be competitive and will be based on the scores in the corresponding RAKMHSU Bachelors program or its equivalent. Course by course review of the baccalaureate transcript will be done for students applying from other universities besides RAKMHSU to check whether prerequisite courses were completed in the baccalaureate program.
Minimum Eligibility for Masters:
Minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in B. Pharm of RAK-MHSU or their equivalent undergraduate program in the required discipline.
Proficiency in English Requirements
- Proficiency in English equivalent to a TOEFL score of 550 in paper-based test, 79 in internet based test or 213 in computer based test OR Academic IELTS score of 6 OR EmSAT Achieve- English score of 1400 -1525 is required.
- Exceptions to the Proficiency in English requirements
- A native speaker of English who has completed his/her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language;
- An applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by the Commission, at the time of admission to his/her undergraduate program.
Conditional/Provisionally admission to Master’s Program in Pharmacy:
A student with a recognized bachelor degree in Pharmacy with a cumulative grade point average below 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its established equivalent, and who meets the English language competency requirements for general admission, can be admitted conditionally to a Master’s program depending on seat availability. Such a student must meet the following requirements during the period of conditional admission or be subject to dismissal:
- Must study all the courses of semester – 1 and clear all courses of first semester with a CGPA of 3 to continue to the next semester.